Erhielt 208 Danke für 116 Beiträge
Member Photo Albums
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 5/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss282
AW: DGT Centaur - Der Thread

Hi Eric,

I appreciate your comparisons and the way you use the item.

It’s your personal chess friend and that’s great. The best friend is the one who is always there if you need him and the quality of friendship in general is also caused by common interests.

The interest of the DGT is to be “ready to play” – “challenge me”, therefore no need for head breakings. It's a bit like a simple one-shot-polaroid, you just push the shutter and it makes “click”.

If you want to control the picture, you will have to use manual focus, shutter speed, iso settings and diaphragm etc, all together with a light meter.

With both you take pictures and a good photographer is able to shoot a good one even with a polaroid. Which one makes more fun?

The problem is that the way of Centaur’s play adaption is very frustrating on the friendly setting, but only on my play strength. He’s not “blundering” but spreading very unnatural “pending moves” in order to balance the score.

This is not the case in comparison to other engines mentioned and I am able to see that even without "4k glasses".

It’s nevertheless a practical buddy for daily sparring, or just a quick game. I think the “hint” option and the hidden score while making moves could be useful to develop some opening strategies.

I do not regret this purchase, but if I would have spent 350€ bucks, well I would be pretty disappointed.

I think DGT has lanced this product as a “door opener” for chess, as it’s the fun who makes the motivation durable - not only in chess.

Not sure if that product will be successful in long term usage, but that's maybe the trick; once you need more you can switch to the DGT boards.

Mission accomplished
Folgende 4 Benutzer sagen Danke zu Nisse für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Eric1956 (31.10.2019), Fluppio (31.10.2019), Hartmut (31.10.2019), Mythbuster (31.10.2019)

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht