Schachcomputer.info Community

Zurück   Schachcomputer.info Community > Schachcomputer / Chess Computer: > Die ganze Welt der Schachcomputer / World of chess computers

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Ansicht

Alt 19.04.2023, 07:05
Benutzerbild von Lindwurm
Lindwurm Lindwurm ist offline
Fidelity Elite Avantgarde 68060

Land:
Abgegebene Danke: 680
Erhielt 492 Danke für 216 Beiträge
Member Photo Albums
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
4/20 5/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss402
AW: Revelation II Owners Lounge

Zitat von MaximinusThrax Beitrag anzeigen
Aua (sorry) aber das erinnert mich an ein tolles Auto OHNE Räder
Kein Problem so ist das ja mit den Geschmäckern.

Anfangs war ich mir auch nicht sicher, ob es mir gefällt. V.a. wegen der verschobenen Proportionen gegenüber einem klassischen quadratischen Brett. Aber ganz begeistert war ich mit den Seitenteilen auch nie, und die zusätzliche Höhe hat mich beim Spielen schon immer gestört, zudem wird der Platzbedarf dadurch auch reduziert.

Und es ist wie bei einer neuen Frisur, man gewöhnt sich dran. Und ich kann ja die Seitenleisten jederzeit wieder dranmachen, Räder sind also nur eingelagert
Alt 19.04.2023, 09:20
Benutzerbild von Robert
Robert Robert ist offline
Lebende Foren Legende

Land:
Abgegebene Danke: 1.815
Erhielt 830 Danke für 485 Beiträge
6/20 20/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssss4202

Zitat von Lindwurm Beitrag anzeigen
Kein Problem so ist das ja mit den Geschmäckern.

Anfangs war ich mir auch nicht sicher, ob es mir gefällt. V.a. wegen der verschobenen Proportionen gegenüber einem klassischen quadratischen Brett. Aber ganz begeistert war ich mit den Seitenteilen auch nie, und die zusätzliche Höhe hat mich beim Spielen schon immer gestört, zudem wird der Platzbedarf dadurch auch reduziert.

Und es ist wie bei einer neuen Frisur, man gewöhnt sich dran. Und ich kann ja die Seitenleisten jederzeit wieder dranmachen, Räder sind also nur eingelagert
Ich muss sagen, er gefällt mir "ohne Räder" besser als mit (andere Schachcomputer haben diese Seitenteile ja auch nicht, will sagen, es fehlt nichts Essentielles)

Und noch dazu wird das Gewicht reduziert; wenn man ihn nicht dauerhaft stehen lassen kann, wird man das irgendwann zu schätzen wissen.
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu Robert für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Lindwurm (19.04.2023)
Alt 19.04.2023, 15:13
borromeus borromeus ist offline

Land:
Abgegebene Danke: 965
Erhielt 468 Danke für 230 Beiträge
4/20 8/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss414

Ich habe den RevII in einen Tisch eingebaut.
Die Seitenteile aber quasi nachmodelliert.

https://www.schachcomputer.info/foru...ead.php?t=5432

Funktioniert für mich perfekt.

Gruß
Karl
Folgende 2 Benutzer sagen Danke zu borromeus für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Lindwurm (19.04.2023), Mythbuster (19.04.2023)
Alt 20.04.2023, 15:49
Mahatma Mahatma ist offline
Milton Bradley

Abgegebene Danke: 29
Erhielt 21 Danke für 8 Beiträge
0/20 2/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssssss43

Gibt es neue Schachcomputer-Entwicklungen von DGT?
Ist etwas geplant für 2023?

Vielen Dank!
Marcus
Alt 20.04.2023, 15:55
Benutzerbild von Mythbuster
Mythbuster Mythbuster ist offline
Forengrinch

Land:
Bilder: 257
Abgegebene Danke: 1.471
Erhielt 4.646 Danke für 1.542 Beiträge
Member Photo Albums
9/20 17/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssss6942

Hi,
schreib doch mal DGT an ... ehrlich gemeinter Rat ... mir ist nix bekannt ...

Gruß,
Sascha
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu Mythbuster für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Mahatma (20.04.2023)
Alt 27.04.2023, 03:11
Benutzerbild von GONeill
GONeill GONeill ist offline
Super Conny

Land:
Erhielt 248 Danke für 65 Beiträge
2/20 3/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssssss80
Re: Revelation II Owners Lounge

I have been contacted by somebody thinking of buying a Revelation II board and I have been asked if my DGT driver works with it, especially if it shows the LEDs correctly. I don't have one of these boards but I programmed it according to the specification so it should be OK, but it would be great if somebody could let me know if it does work. Also, do the moves and/or times show on the board's display?

Many thanks!

https://goneill.co.nz/chess.php
Alt 27.04.2023, 17:54

Land:
Member Photo Albums
4/20 5/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss402
AW: Re: Revelation II Owners Lounge

Zitat von GONeill Beitrag anzeigen
I have been contacted by somebody thinking of buying a Revelation II board and I have been asked if my DGT driver works with it, especially if it shows the LEDs correctly. I don't have one of these boards but I programmed it according to the specification so it should be OK, but it would be great if somebody could let me know if it does work. Also, do the moves and/or times show on the board's display?

Many thanks!

https://goneill.co.nz/chess.php
Hi Graham,

your drivers work fine with the Revelation II (Fritz, Shredder and LucasChess are running on my Windows-PC). The LEDs are shown correctly.

The display shows the computer moves and the time alternating. While the computer is thinking, the time is on the display. When the computer moves, the move is on the display until you move the pieces on the board. Then the time is shown again.

But the time is not always 100% correctly synched. Sometimes the clock is a little bit delayed. For example if the time in the Software for white is 9:35, the display on the RevII shows 9:38. If white is on the move again, the clock synchs correct and jumps to 9:35 and is then running parallel to the PC til the next move. Sometimes perhaps a little bit confusing. For me not really a problem.
Alt 28.04.2023, 00:52
Benutzerbild von GONeill
GONeill GONeill ist offline
Super Conny

Land:
Erhielt 248 Danke für 65 Beiträge
2/20 3/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssssss80
Re: AW: Re: Revelation II Owners Lounge

Zitat von Lindwurm Beitrag anzeigen
Hi Graham,

your drivers work fine with the Revelation II (Fritz, Shredder and LucasChess are running on my Windows-PC). The LEDs are shown correctly.

The display shows the computer moves and the time alternating. While the computer is thinking, the time is on the display. When the computer moves, the move is on the display until you move the pieces on the board. Then the time is shown again.

But the time is not always 100% correctly synched. Sometimes the clock is a little bit delayed. For example if the time in the Software for white is 9:35, the display on the RevII shows 9:38. If white is on the move again, the clock synchs correct and jumps to 9:35 and is then running parallel to the PC til the next move. Sometimes perhaps a little bit confusing. For me not really a problem.
Thank you, Tobias! I'm not sure I'll be able to do anything about the time difference - it sounds like the sort of problem that will be hard to track down without a board to play with. But I'll look through my program and see if I can work out where the delay might be happening.

But it's good to know the driver works properly apart from that. Thanks again.
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu GONeill für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Lindwurm (28.04.2023)
Alt 04.05.2023, 20:51
ecsrun ecsrun ist offline
Chess Challenger 1

Abgegebene Danke: 0
Erhielt 16 Danke für 4 Beiträge
0/20 1/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssssss9
Re: Revelation II Owners Lounge

Greetings,

I decided to purchase one of the remaining Revelation 2 units and had it imported from a chess shop in Germany. It arrived in good cosmetic shape and appears to be free of defects. I enjoy playing the native engines and this is the primary purpose for me, but I was curious about the status of connectivity to phone/computer, etc. Here are some of my findings:

(1) I obtained the 2.0.24 rabbitplugin driver from DGT, which I had tried years ago with Fritz and it had working LEDs. Interestingly, the LEDs do not function. My Revelation is FW 3.36c and when I last saw this working (years ago), the unit had FW 3.23 if I remember correctly. I cannot try the Rabbitplugin from DGT with LucasChess because DGT only provided a 64-bit only package and LucasChess only seems to work with 32-bit drivers (i.e., 32-bit version of dgtebdll.dll). So no luck with Fritz and LEDs, but movement detection works.

(2) I tried the latest 2.0.27 rabbit plugin and the same result as scenario (1)

(3) I tried LiveChess DGT Software but it does not detect the board at all. The LiveChess software does detect my regular DGT eBoard. I wonder if the eBoard functionality in the Revelation 2 has not been updated and therefore does not work with some newer applications? Is the eBoard FW part of the regular DGT Revelation 2 FW package or can it be updated separately somehow to match the current eBoards? In rabbitplugin, it shows my Revelation 2 eBoard mode as "board version 0.60" and "clock version 2.1"

(4) Acid Ape Chess - this appears to work with the Revelation 2 in eBoard mode but unfortunately no LEDs. I confirmed with AAC support that this is expected.

(5) LucasChess with Graham's driver. First of all - huge thank you to Graham for supporting this community and I use his driver with other chess boards to great effect (i.e., Millennium w/ ChessLink). However, for the DGT Revelation 2, the LEDs function, but the board frequently gets out of sync with the software. It does not appear to detect the moves in a reliable fashion. I will communicate/troubleshoot with Graham separately, but this same computer works fine with LucasChess/Millennium for LED support, also with Graham's driver. I work in IT for a living, but this of course does not rule out possibility of error on my part..

In terms of the electrical noise that I heard from the unit I briefly had some years ago, this board is quieter. If I hold my ear directly to the keys, I can hear some electrical hiss, but is very minor and not possible to hear it from more than a foot away, even in a quiet room. Overall - I love the DGT Revelation 2 and the engine native options have been expanded greatly since I last tried it some years ago. There is enough there to satisfy me and I did not purchase this unit for online play.

In any event, I just wanted to share my feedback with this great community.

Cheers,
Eric
Miniaturansicht angehängter Grafiken
Klicke auf die Grafik für eine größere Ansicht

Name:	Image.jpg
Hits:	37
Größe:	74,6 KB
ID:	5982  
Folgende 2 Benutzer sagen Danke zu ecsrun für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Lindwurm (04.05.2023), Tibono (05.05.2023)
Alt 04.05.2023, 21:08

Land:
Member Photo Albums
4/20 5/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss402

Hi Eric,
this is curious.
The old driver 2.0.24 should work fine. I use this version for years without problem and correct LED function.
Grahams driver work also fine for me in all programs: Fritz, Shredder, LucasChess.
Perhaps a reset of Bluetooth in the Bluetooth menu could help.