Schachcomputer.info Community

Zurück   Schachcomputer.info Community > Schachcomputer / Chess Computer: > Die ganze Welt der Schachcomputer / World of chess computers

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Ansicht

Alt 18.04.2007, 17:57
Benutzerbild von Chessguru
Chessguru Chessguru ist offline
Administrator

Land:
Bilder: 1
Abgegebene Danke: 1.589
Erhielt 4.599 Danke für 1.381 Beiträge
Member Photo Albums
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
10/20 20/20
Heute Beiträge
1/3 sssss6478
Daumen hoch "Chess Computers Revolution" DVD von Ismenio erschienen

Hallo,

nach fast 3 jähriger intensiver Arbeit hat Ismenio seine DVD "Chess Computers Revolution" fertig gestellt. In rund 2 Stunden bzw. 16 Kapiteln portraitiert Ismenio den Werdegang der Schachcomputergeschichte der letzten 30 Jahre. Aber lassen wir Ismenio selbst zu Wort kommen.

Mit Ismenios Genehmigung veröffentliche ich Auszüge seiner DVD-Seite http://www.ismenio.com/chess_dvd.html. Bestellungen können ebenfalls über die genannte Seite erfolgen. Wobei Ismenio keinen Preis festgesetzt hat, sondern um eine Donation per PayPal bittet.

"ChessComputers.org is happy to make available an independent documentary about chess computers, covering their history and the hobby of collecting them. It's called Chess Computers Revolution. It was released in April 2007. It also marks the 30th anniversary of the release of the Fidelity Chess Challenger 1, world's first commercial chess computer.

You can also check our forum for more details and discuss it: Chess Computers Forum.

The DVD is available for free (limited quantities) but if you want to make a voluntary donation to cover costs (media, box, shipping, etc.) I will be happy to accept it. If you want to do so, for your convenience, I have included the PayPal Donate button below or you can use the email: ismenio@gmail.com

To make a request via email, without sending a donation, just send an email to: ismenio@gmail.com with the subject as "DVD-Request-Chess Computers Revolution", or just click on the link below.

Thank you in advance for your support and for your interest in this project.

DVD details:

Format: Full screen (4:3)
Region: 0 (Region Free - will play on any country/region)
Running time: 1 hour and 53 minutes
Rating: TV-G - General audiences, suitable for all viewers including young children

Features:

- 16 Chapters easily accessible via menu
- Exclusive interviews!

- Ruud Martin - Creator of the Resurrection chess module
- John Dutton - Former USCF Employee
- Sue Winkler - Former Fidelity Employee

- Overview of the history of the creation and development of dedicated chess computers
- Quick overview of some chess computers, including the Tasc R30 and some rare models
- A look at websites and collections for all over the world
- The fascinating chess playing robots
and more!

Mini FAQ:

Q: Why did you do this?
A: Simple answer, because no one else did! Being that it has been 30 years since the first chess computer was released and I couldn't find any documentary related to this, I decided to try something and this is my humble contribution to fill that void. Also, I wabted to present the information in a format that should be appealing even to those who are not very interested in the subject.

Q: Why don't you put it on Google Video or YouTube?
A: Because I am aiming for quality and viewing experience. Video sharing sites like YouTube have to convert videos to a format that is suitable for streaming over the web but the quality is limited. Also, the final video, being 1h53m is several gigabytes in size (>9) and converting it would take a long time before I could even have it in a size that those sites would take it. Plus it is just easier to watch on a DVD player with the convenience of menus.

Q: Can I make copies?
A: No. That is about the only request that I make. Since I am making the DVD available to anyone, free of charge, there is really no reason for anyone to make copies for others."[/I]

Q: Why not?
A: I think it is only fair that I reserve that right, and it is a simple request. By having folks come to me to get the DVD, it helps me see the level of interest in this subject and based on that I may consider future projects like this."

Wie ich finde eine fantastische Arbeit von Ismenio und für uns Sammler bzw. Schachcomputer Fans ein weiteres Highlight, was in keiner Sammlung fehlen sollte. Mein Obolus ist schon auf dem Weg...

Viele Grüße,
Micha

Geändert von Chessguru (18.04.2007 um 22:51 Uhr)
Alt 18.04.2007, 22:46
Benutzerbild von udo
udo udo ist offline
Lebende Foren Legende

Land:
Abgegebene Danke: 330
Erhielt 1.137 Danke für 677 Beiträge
8/20 18/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssss2200
AW: "Chess Computers Revolution" DVD von Ismenio erschienen

http://ismenio.com/chess_computers.html

Ev. funktioniert dieser Link besser?

Udo
Alt 18.04.2007, 22:52
Benutzerbild von Chessguru
Chessguru Chessguru ist offline
Administrator

Land:
Bilder: 1
Abgegebene Danke: 1.589
Erhielt 4.599 Danke für 1.381 Beiträge
Member Photo Albums
10/20 20/20
Heute Beiträge
1/3 sssss6478
AW: "Chess Computers Revolution" DVD von Ismenio erschienen

Danke Udo. Fehler von mir. Jetzt geht alles.

Gruß,
Micha
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht