Abgegebene Danke: 4
Erhielt 0 Danke für 0 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 2/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssssss6
Re: Millennium Chess Classics Element

Hi Hans-Jürgen!

I greatly appreciate your reply. I’m probably not properly understanding the concept, though, so forgive my ignorance here. I was thinking that if I used the “mate in” level, then used the “move” function to make the computer do the first move here for White, it would have calculated how to reach mate from that position.

I think you may be saying that I should use the “mate in” level strictly for when the problem involves a forced mate (instead of something which has move move possibilities before you are in a forced mate position). Is that correct? If so, then for this particular setup, I should just set up the board, play that 1st move, and let the computer do its part on a normal level?

And if you can bear with me a bit further: if you do set up a lmate in” problem on the board, set White to move, then shouldn’t the computer start trying to figure out the next move for white? Or do you have to use “move” (as I did),in order to get thing started?

Hope my questions don’t seem too stupid. Just trying to better understand how all this should work as a new user of this set.

Paul

Geändert von PMF (24.03.2022 um 15:43 Uhr)