Abgegebene Danke: 3.211
Erhielt 1.543 Danke für 897 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
3/20 14/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssss2173
AW: Der DGT Centaur - Die Review

Zitat von Eric1956 Beitrag anzeigen
There is the difference. For you a phone is a phone, for me it's my pocket computer that I need for work. Auto agenda synchronization, email, passwords, , banking, connected to my server if I have to show pictures on location, watch my house when I'm away, put on the heating at work when I have to work on a day off, etc. I can even use it as a phone.
That's really a difference. As I said. If it gives you an advantage, then its worth it. For you.

Zitieren:
B.t.w. I misunderstood your way of comparing.
Shit happens. I guess you know now, what I meant and all is fine.

Zitieren:
On the other hand, I only wanted to point out that I'm sure that members who think that the Centaur is overpriced, buy products of which others will think they are overpriced. It's worth what you think it's worth. Thats all.
It was never ment to become a discussion what an iPhone is worth to me...
I know what you wanted to point out and I got your opinion of course. That's why I said that the centaur and an iphone for example are two pairs of shoes. There are also people who buy things because they are rare or because they are expensive, for prestige, not because those things are better than others. And having an iPhone, being a member of the big Apple family, sometimes has something almost religious or sectarian about it, at least as long as the iphone doesn't have a significant advantage over a cheaper device. The same can be seen in cars, in dresses, in shoes and many other things. They are status symbols. With a chess computer with which I want to practice and improve, however, one sets - as long as it is not a collector's item - other standards. And the Centaur does not meet these standards... FOR ME. Maybe it does meet them for you. And as long as it does, it has its raison d'être.
Eric1956 (12.12.2019)