Erhielt 10 Danke für 9 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 20/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss495
AW: Novag computers und Pocket PC

Zitat von alainza
Hi Stefan,

thanks for your article, this is really interesting. I don't need the CSS : I have bought the DVD archive and will try to read the article (which can take some time as my German is quite poor in spite of 10 years of German at school).

I am not sure to understand what you mean by "the option to read and write to the Novag RAM" : I don't think that the old machines gave a direct access to their ram but rather that they provided another protocol with the PC.

I'll try to read CSS article to get a better understanding of the old interface but it will probably not be very useful anyway as my Super Forte does not work very well (I connected it tonight to my pc and the pc received something... although it was not readable).

For the Star Diamond, I must admit that I have never tried to enter a custom opening book and I'll have to read other languages manuals as the French manual is not really clear : it seems that you can only enter one line (or at least, it does not explain how to enter a tree).

I'll try to investigate a bit further, thanks again for your post which was really interesting.

Best,

Alain

Alain,

entering trees is not possible anymore since the Diablo release. It worked only for the Super Conny, Forte A/B and Super Forte A/B/C. Since then you can only enter single lines. However, at least for the Diablo it seems that even this one is not working correctly (please refer to this posting here).

With "read and write" to the Novag RAM I meant the possibility to get the opening book loaded into the PC modify it there and send the modified opening book file back to the Novag chesscomputer. This was possible in the 1st release of the interface as far as I understand it. I am sure that there is a protocol for this but as I never had this software I cannot give any further info, sorry

best regards
Stefan

Geändert von Stefan (08.02.2006 um 13:06 Uhr)
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu Stefan für den nützlichen Beitrag:
kamoj (16.07.2023)