Chess Machine

Abgegebene Danke: 630
Erhielt 652 Danke für 192 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
5/20 15/20
Heute Beiträge
1/3 ssssss350
AW: DIY USB Chess Board

Last year I found a software engineer who had written some software that enabled you to play against Fritz on the Dream Cheeky USB chess board.*
As I already had designed a full size press sensory chess board that could connect to any dedicated chess computer, I found that it could also connect in the same way to the Dream Cheeky USB Control Unit.*
I therefore decided to produce a web site with a step by step guide on how to build this board and as time progressed, I've added a couple more board designs using different ways of relaying the board moves, http://usbchessboard.yolasite.com/
Unfortunately the Dream Cheeky board is no longer produced so Matt the software engineer has written a new piece of software for the Teensy USB Development Board that acts the same way as the Dream Cheeky. *The nice thing about the Teensy is that once you have programed it with Matt's software your computer will always recognize the Teensy software automatically. *You can therefore build a USB chess board as described on my website then go over to Matt's site to download his software for the Teensy *
Matt has named his new software 'Sish Chess' and his site can be found here Sish - Computer Interfacing DIY Chessboards
With Matt's original Dream Cheeky software there where a few issues with certain chess programs like Arena but the new Teensy software works ok with any chess program that accepts keyboard move input like Fritz, Chessmaster and Arena.*
Have a look at our sites and build yourself a cheap full size board, I'm sure you will enjoy it.*
Bryan