Maker of Phoenix Chess Systems

Land:
Abgegebene Danke: 20
Erhielt 327 Danke für 127 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 19/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss464
AW: Re: Mess Emulator für diverse Schachcomputer ist fertig!

Zitat von hap Beitrag anzeigen
Dankjewel voor het toevoegen van Bavaria in Revelation =) I'm sure it will make users happy. I also mentioned in a previous post that I changed the chess drivers MAME source code license to from GPL to BSD3 (Bavaria emulation was part of it). Assuming you got the info from MAME, I'm glad it was of use to you and as I said, the license change is exactly the reason for this, so modern chesscomputer companies can refer to it without requiring to release the source code.

The protocol is indeed very simple, when I wrote the code, I was actually a little surprised at how straightforward it is. Much better than Tasc's piece-recognition board version.
Franz,

I implemented the Tasc board based upon the SB with the induction coils. So i had to use specific timing, which is quite problematic as i can set the speed for the complete emulation as well. This was a nice implementation but very difficult. I assume you used the SB with the digital coding. If so, we have different approaches to the tasc emulations I now realise that coding with Mame as a basis makes life somewhat easier.

When will you implement the Novag Robot Adversary under Mame ..

Regarding the Bavaria, your analysis was mentioned in a post on schachcomputer.info. I tried to implement it a couple of years ago. But no succes. Combining your tips and the source of the IO driver from Richard gave me the clue. The 3 us delay for the busy flag gave the needed info / push. I simply did not wait enough here. And then the emulation does not detect the board from software. I changed the wait to over 3uS, or to be precise, minimal 1 interrupt routine further.

PS, how did you analyse the Bavaria ? Did you use a real bavaria board ? Or did you analyse the assembly code ?
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu Ruud Martin für den nützlichen Beitrag:
ruschach (19.01.2020)