Abgegebene Danke: 20
Erhielt 327 Danke für 127 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 19/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss464
Ausrufezeichen Resurrection and time management

Guys,

See forum entry on time management below form Kurt's site.

Any help concerning this item is greatly apreciated. Hope everybody can read this.. It is not translated in German.
Specifically i am looking for a general time management system. Within the engines i will use you can tell the engine how much time you will give per move. Resurrection (Ruffian) also can be told how much moves there are left before time limit will be changed or will be reached. I have noticed that when i tell it all remaining moves and the remaining time it will use up too much time per move. I cannot reach Perola about what is going on here, so i have to adjust for myself ....

So for a '30 minutes / all' i program Ruffian before every move with the info that it has 5 moves left and calculate the remaining time for it.

For example on a 30 minutes / all game and being in the 20th move (based on 60 moves per game) while used 12 minutes i tell Resurrection it must do the next 5 moves in (30-12)/40*5 = 135 seconds. Now Resurrection will use some 36 seconds a move.

Resurrection wil have now 27 seconds per move because it has used more time for the first 20 moves than the normal 10 minutes.

Especially i am interested in : The algorithm for a x minute match. For example should i give Resurrection more or less time based upon the current score value. Or is it dependent on which movenumber it is.. I am looking off course for a general algorithm, and not a detailed one based on the position. This should be in the program istelf... And i am not the programmer....

Forum entry :

'Close call, a tie is a good thing. Leaves everything open for the future. I am curious though how the Res and the R40 will do on a 30 (avg) second per move match. That is how i won Kaufbeuren (by the way, i took a draw against a R30 as well).

How long were the average thinking times of the Resurrection and the R40 in a 30 minute match ? Did Resurrection lose games on strange time behavoour during game play ?

Furthermore, Ruffian itself has a strange time mechanism. I have programmed a mechanism around it which explains the time taken per move.

If somebody could help me with a algorithm for a x minute match. For example should i give Resurrection more or less time based upon the current score value. Or is it dependent on which movenumber it is..

Questions which are difficult to answer. Maybe you guys can answer this.
Another question is : you can enter how much moves on average there will be in a match. This is set at 60 (but changeable). At this time i evenly arrange time (30 minutes per game on 60 moves) means 30 seconds average per move. But what to do if the 60 moves are in sight ? Should i lower to 20 or 10 seconds a move ?
Any ideas are greatly welcomed.'

Ruud Martin