AW: Resurrection and time management

Hi Steve, Hi Ruud,

Zitat von Steveb
hi Ruud

'Close call, a tie is a good thing.
a very good thing
it seems the Res and Tasc's are very very close
the Tasc however will never get any better and the Res will ONLY get better

So for a '30 minutes / all' i program Ruffian before every move with the info that it has 5 moves left and calculate the remaining time for it.

to be honest i think you have already enabled the Res to play a correct "ALL' game
this is to say the user can set the "ALL" to 98 moves(it will switch back to 20 after 98 and does not allow 99)
It seems to me, that setting "ALL"to 99 moves for Action Chess is the best solution at the moment. At move number 40-50 Res. has about the same time-consumption as London 68030!
Zitieren:

there are several computers mainly Saiteks which consider an "ALL" game to be ALL /99
sure, but does "99" by the Saiteks really mean "99" or does it simply mean "unlimited" number of moves"? What happens with the Saitek's time, when move 99 is reached? I don't think, that they overstep, do they?

In my database of about 1100 (self-played) Computer-Computer-matches there are about 25, that go over 100 moves. Ok, we can say, these long matches are so rare, that we could ignore it and let's take Res the risc to lose on time.

But then we had to play every game (at least these where Res. has advantage!) until his opponent is checkmated; because if Res' opponent could make it to 100 moves, it would win on time...
Zitieren:
[b]however i used the 60 moves for all games ..i had no time over steps
I did it in the first 4 matches against London too; but one of these Res. lost on time...

Setting "ALL" to 99 (or 98?) seems to be the best (in my opinion), because I often have games with more than 60 moves. Now we could argue, if 99 or 90 or 80 is best...

But I already suggested an "ALL"-time-management here and in Kurt's forum (newer version is in Kurt's forum! ) I would be interested in your and of course Ruud's opinion about it!

curious regards,
Robert