Abgegebene Danke: 0
Erhielt 343 Danke für 152 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
8/20 20/20
Heute Beiträge
1/3 ssssss357
AW: Millennium Chess Classics Element

Zitat von PMF Beitrag anzeigen
Greetings all, I just purchased a Millennium Exclusive board, with the Chess Classics Element computer. I was experimenting with the "Mate In" level tonight, using the set up position as seen in this image. Anhang 5384 I'm puzzled about why the computer was still working on the problem 45 minutes later.

That "mate in..." image is from a site where a person was using an emulator of older electronic chess boards on his computer, and the emulator was able to solve the problem on many of those old programs (emulations of them, anyway). Here's a link to that page: https://chessplayeratlarge.blogspot.com/2022/

So I'm wondering if maybe I'm just doing something incorrectly on my Millennium? If anyone has specific suggestions for settings to use, or other tips, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Paul
Hi Paul !

You are using the level "Mate In" - but there is no forced mate at all from this starting position, so the device can't find any !

Only after the move 1. Nxe5 Bxd1 it's mate in 2 - but Black isn't forced to take the queen - hitting the knight instead avoids being mated (quickly) losing only a pawn.

It's not really a task "Mate in..." - but a best move position !

Please try another level and your computer will show you the right solution 1. Nxe5! within a few seconds.

Hans-Jürgen
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu CC 7 für den nützlichen Beitrag:
PMF (24.03.2022)