Mephisto Excalibur

Land:
Abgegebene Danke: 27
Erhielt 233 Danke für 62 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
2/20 3/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssssss76
Re: New DGT driver and updated eBoard drivers (Windows/Linux)

I have updated my drivers.

There was a bug in the DGT driver that stopped you from playing with the black pieces nearest you and that has been fixed. The Millennium connection code has been improved too so hopefully it will be more reliable.

The main changes relate to using the drivers with the Shredder GUI.

With the boards that have piece recognition (Certabo, DGT, Millennium) if the board is activated and you remove the last piece from the board then the driver will go into a Setup mode. Here you can create a new position by placing the pieces where you want them on the board. The last piece you place on the board should be the king of the colour to move. After that you can start playing (if playing against an engine) or moving the pieces (if analysing the position).

Also in Shredder I noticed that when you take back moves the clock doesn't get rewound. Since my DGT driver already handled the clocks in Shredder I copied some of the code from that into the other drivers so that the clocks automatically move back too. This is now different to using Shredder without a board where the take back move button leaves the clocks counting down without rewinding.
Folgende 6 Benutzer sagen Danke zu GONeill für den nützlichen Beitrag:
achimp (16.09.2021), BHGP (16.09.2021), ferribaci (18.09.2021), jerazi (16.09.2021), lars (16.09.2021), Mapi (16.09.2021)