MACH IV

Abgegebene Danke: 49
Erhielt 311 Danke für 99 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
2/20 5/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 ssssss159
Re: New Chessnut Evo

It's spiked my interest, not so much with the SF engine because it seems everything uses this engine. What is of interest is the AI that learns styles of play. I can see how feeding it a database of my games that I could end up playing against an AI form of myself. This could be entertaining.

What I don't know is, after learning a style of play at what strength does it play in this style? If for example, I fed it 200 Magnus Carlson games would it play at super grand-master strength in his style or could I adjust the playing strength? No difference from being slaughtered by an accurately modeled Magnus as with an inaccurate version. However, it would be interesting to me to watch how different personalities played say, against my King Element at very strong levels, and then if I played, being able to make Magnus play at a much lower level. Although, I suspect he would still beat me!

Then again. if it learned my style of play, currently a very rusty enthusiast, could I set it to play very strongly? This doesn't make so much sense, so maybe it actually learns the playing strength based on the wins-losses and draws in the supplied games?

Apart from that, it seems to be nicely designed, and I like that the computer is integrated rather than a board using a smartphone or tablet, but that's just me.

Pondering...

Ray