Abgegebene Danke: 47
Erhielt 327 Danke für 197 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 18/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssss1927
Re: Oldies auf modernem PC installieren: Fragen über Fragen

Hi Marco,

Thanks based on what you are showing, PCem does seem to be a great solution because of its accuracy to the original. For sure I will try it out sometime soon to see how well it compares to my original 286. 386 and 486 computers.

For this Aegon 97 revisited Millennium tournament though its not going to quite work out. From the hardware that you are showing it does seem to be a tad too slow to give all the Millennium King personalities and Revelation programs that toughest of tough experience.

I keep forgetting as I post 300,000 cpu_cycles that recently in a post with Wolfgang we made some adjustments and came to the conclusion based on some Fritz 2 comparisons and loss of real time clock performance that the cpu_cycle for a Pentium I7 in order work properly should be 225,000 cpu_cycles and that this amounts to the equivalent of a Pentium 2 400 MHz. Here where it was discussed:

https://www.schachcomputer.info/foru...ead.php?t=5848

Der PII ist ca 1.806666666666667 DMIPS pro MHz mal 400 MHz = 723 DMIPS fuer DFend 225,000 cpu_cycles
Revelation XScale = 1.43 DMIPS pro MHz, 500 MHz = 715 DMIPS.
Millennium Cortex-M7 = 2.14 DMIPS pro MHz, 300 MHz = 642 DMIPS

So for this tournament that is planned a P200MMX is just a little too slow to make it as tough as possible for King and Revelation against DOS programs.

So for this tournament I am going to have to stick with DOSBox because of that speed bonus.

Regarding PCem however if it can read original CD's and accept the copy protections in them then PCem seriously becomes a great solution for lesser speed tournaments especially when playing against old dedicated chess computers and as a way to conserve programs which otherwise someday will become extinct if nothing is done about it. So for sure I will build a PCem pretty soon as well.

In about 2 years time if single core were to double in speed you really would have a top solution for King and Revelation. But as soon as that becomes a reality the next fight starts..... which is how to get great opponents for Revelation 2 and Pewatronic

Best regards

Nick

Geändert von spacious_mind (28.02.2019 um 13:30 Uhr)
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu spacious_mind für den nützlichen Beitrag:
M.Z (28.02.2019)