Erhielt 34 Danke für 23 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 6/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssssss69
AW: Oldies auf modernem PC installieren: Fragen über Fragen

Zitat von Hartmut Beitrag anzeigen
The Problem is that there is no really perfect way:

DosBox can be configured in many ways. Especially the control over the CPU-Cycles may be important for some users. On the other hand not all programs will run in this configuration.

PCEm can be configured very precisely. But as Marco wrote: "The program emulates 100% of the complete system." That may be an advantage as much as a disadvantage. Of course it is very precisely but it is also slower. It takes much more Emulation time to emulate a complete system than only emulate the CPU.

I guess it will need some tests for both ways to find out which way is the best one.
I agree with what you say ..
However, I think everyone's aim is to find balanced opponents for The King.
Fortunately, PCem allows you to do it in a precise way, and even if the emulation is slower because it is complete, it allows us to emulate the machines in the same way as their real counterparts, on which the opponents' chess programs are identical in processing speed.

Obviously some programs need emulation equal to a Pentium 200MMx to be balanced against The King.
In this case the use of DosBox or D-Fend Reloaded would be the best choice.
And although the formula 600 x each MHz is quite correct. We can have a more precise feedback by adjusting the CPU cycles taking into account that Mchess Pro 8 on an original Pentium 200MMX develops about 50,000 \ 53,000 positions per second.

Regards
Marco

Geändert von M.Z (27.02.2019 um 16:55 Uhr)