Abgegebene Danke: 0
Erhielt 343 Danke für 152 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
8/20 20/20
Heute Beiträge
1/3 ssssss357
AW: Re: Chessnut EVO Maia engine testing

Zitat von Ray Beitrag anzeigen
However, I came across the following position with Maia playing Black and Black to move and it appears this confuses the Maia engine as it seems to get stuck!

The game is a draw as Black must take the Rook with his Bishop, but I left Maia running for 10 minutes and no move was given. This is way longer than is required to search 6 ply on the Evo. I then tried the built-in Lc0 engine with it's default weight file and this was the same, so there is a bug in the Evo's Lc0 engine. I suspected this might be the case because Maia uses the Lc0 engine and Maia is really just a set of weight files used by Lc0.

Ray
Not looking at the bug, only at the position:
The game is a draw. Certainly !

The game is a draw as Black must take the rook.
No, not really.

Imagine a team match, last game, trailing a whole point - you must win otherwise the match is lost.
Here I would avoid the direct stalemate draw with BxR, instead I would play on with 1. ...Kd4 hoping for 2. Ra2 c4, perhaps a swindle against a weaker
player might still be possible.
Of course the position even after 1. ...Kd4 is still a forced draw, a stronger player would aim for 2. Re6 Bb7 3. Rb6 Bc8 4. Rc6 Bb7 and he has
the choice to go for a threefold repetition or even 5. Rxc5 draws as the white king goes to the a1-corner and black can't win as he has a bishop of the wrong colour.

At least a try...maybe Maia/Lc0 thinks in a similar way...I'm not going full throttle...whom do I play...a patzer ??

Regards
Hans-Jürgen