Erhielt 4.636 Danke für 1.535 Beiträge
Member Photo Albums
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
9/20 16/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssss6923
AW: DGT Centaur - Der Thread

Zitat von Eric1956 Beitrag anzeigen
I was wrong thinking that the Centaur makes a profile of me as an opponent. It doesn't. It starts every game with a blank memory of its opponent.
In friendly mode the Centaur makes a list of possible moves in order of strength. If I make the third best move then the Centaur generally will reply in the same way. It does that during the whole game. That explains why you may think it makes unnatural moves, they are the result of your moves, not a way of balancing the score. And of course, when the Centaur can take a free rook because I made a mistake, it will take the rook instead of making the third best move.
Hello Eric,
we also came to the same conclusion in our review.

The only problem is that it was not optimally implemented by DGT.

Let me give you an example: If you make the third best move in a game for 20 moves, you can still play a very good game without any mistakes.

But maybe the opponent's third best moves are bad because they lose pieces. Such behaviour was often seen in the Centaur games.

Above all, it's easy to fool the Centaur: You play a few bad moves, the Centaur adapts. This easily gives you a chance to outwit the Centaur.

Another example: If a good player, for example with Elo 2000, actually makes a mistake, the Centaur can't make a few moves later also a mistake! But that's exactly what it does. And every better player recognizes these deliberate mistakes. And that's exactly what frustrates playing with him when you can play a little better.

Zitat von Eric1956 Beitrag anzeigen
In challenging mode it answers with a better move. When I play the third best move, it will answer with the second best calculated move.

Also here the same problem, just a little bit reduced: Your moves, even if they are the second best, can be very good. Often there are equal moves. But often there is only one best answer. Even the second best move is a flop.

A hobby player may not recognize this, but the higher the level, the more obvious it becomes for the player.

Best Regards,
Sascha
Folgende 3 Benutzer sagen Danke zu Mythbuster für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Eric1956 (31.10.2019), Hartmut (31.10.2019), Nisse (31.10.2019)