Abgegebene Danke: 116
Erhielt 53 Danke für 20 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
0/20 5/20
Heute Beiträge
0/3 sssssss36
AW: DGT Centaur - Der Thread

Hi Nisse,

Like I said before, very interesting to see all the different angles of view.
Because I wanted to know how the Centaur determines my strength I asked DGT how it works. The answer was quite logical.
I was wrong thinking that the Centaur makes a profile of me as an opponent. It doesn't. It starts every game with a blank memory of its opponent.
In friendly mode the Centaur makes a list of possible moves in order of strength. If I make the third best move then the Centaur generally will reply in the same way. It does that during the whole game. That explains why you may think it makes unnatural moves, they are the result of your moves, not a way of balancing the score. And of course, when the Centaur can take a free rook because I made a mistake, it will take the rook instead of making the third best move.

In challenging mode it answers with a better move. When I play the third best move, it will answer with the second best calculated move.
What the best move is depends of course of the calculation time. I like to play without time limits. Like everyone else I sometimes need more time to analyse a move. The Centaur always replies within seconds.

In a few weeks I get a long vacation and I will for sure play a lot of games and I will also try the challenging mode and time limited games.

The price of €349? If a buy an item for €10, put it away and never look at it again, it's very expensive. If I buy something for €500 and use it every day for 5 years, it's quitte cheap.
As far as I can judge so far €349 isn't a bargain, but for me it's worth it for what I get.

Greetings,
Eric.
Folgende 3 Benutzer sagen Danke zu Eric1956 für den nützlichen Beitrag:
BHGP (02.02.2020), Fluppio (31.10.2019), Nisse (31.10.2019)