fhub fhub ist offline
Lebende Foren Legende

Abgegebene Danke: 440
Erhielt 5.741 Danke für 1.326 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
10/20 14/20
Heute Beiträge
1/3 sssss2602
AW: Re: AW: Re: Mess Emulator für diverse Schachcomputer ist fertig!

Hi Gerardo!
 Zitat von berger Beitrag anzeigen
You're right: From an operational point of view, this is true, these are similar programs. But in my opinion Mephisto 1X deserves a place of honour.

It was released as a Mephisto 1X a few weeks before the Mephisto II, and not as a Mephisto II with a 1x program. This module was mainly sold in France because it had won the Paris tournament, and it is an extremely rare version.

I know it's something symbolic, but I'm sure the collector who helped us incorporate this program would appreciate, in a future update of CB-Emu, a little change like this.
Well, of course I had a good reason to use the name 'Mephisto II (1X)':
This module Mephisto 1X clearly belongs to the group of the Mephisto I/II/III modules, so I thought it should also appear in CB-Emu's engine list together with the I/II/III engines. Since this engines list is sorted alphabetically, the name 'Mephisto 1X' would be the very first entry in the Mephisto list (before the Academy) far away from its brothers.

But ok, if that's indeed a problem for you (or for the donator of this ROM), I'll change the name again to 'Mephisto 1X' (although I'm really not thrilled with it).

Regards,
Franz
Folgender Benutzer sagt Danke zu fhub für den nützlichen Beitrag:
berger (12.02.2020)