Abgegebene Danke: 2.266
Erhielt 1.167 Danke für 385 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
8/20 6/20
Heute Beiträge
2/3 ssssss482
AW: Khmelnitsky test: Mephisto IIIS Glasgow

Zitat von Beeco76 Beitrag anzeigen
But where are the human player profiles taken from?
Hi Markus, they are extracted from the data of the very same Khmelnitsky's test. The Elo values come from a data sheet in the book, providing two columns per domain (attack, counterattack,...); one column being the % of your score in the domain, the other the corresponding Elo observed per statistics across a number of players. 99% score is achieved by 2500+ players, 3% by 815 or so players. In between, the distribution vary according to each domain. Elo values for intermediate % values (they are provided per 3% step, so 3%, 6%, 9%... up to 96%, 99%) rely on interpolation.

Well, the data sheet can be red the other way around: I am a 1400 Elo player, which score (%) am I supposed to achieve per domain of chess knowledge? An interpolation can be performed between two Elo values in order to get an accurate percentage within the 3% spread.
Of course, the computer-player comparison cannot usefully rely on an Elo graph (this would just add a circle to the basic Elo-graph, plotting the player's strength). So the comparison graph is based on %, as well displaying usual, average strengths and weaknesses of the human player.
By the way, time ago I used this idea (not mentioned within the book!) to provide a graph displaying how the skills develop along to the Elo, and posted about in the Hiarcs forum. Here is the graph:

and my comments:
Code:
- skills develop rather evenly from 830 to 900 player (very same shape), with natural ability for calculations and no, to very little, knowledge about opening phase. Of course, standard endgame positions are likely to be unknown.
- 1000 player gets some clues at tactics and related stuff (attack, defense, recognizing threats)
- 1200 player has developped clues in strategy and standard endgame positions
- 1400 player is a better attacker and went on developping knowledge about standard endgame positions
- 1600 player developped tactical skills including sacrifice
- 1800 player went on with tactics and better endgame knowledge
- 2000 player is a better defender and attacker
- 2200 player shows evidence of a breakthrough with strategy, plus reinforced endgame mastery
- 2400 player is very balanced, with strategy, opening and middlegame as most enhanced areas. Beware the strong defenser and counterattacker!
Angehängte Grafiken

Folgende 2 Benutzer sagen Danke zu Tibono für den nützlichen Beitrag:
Chessguru (04.02.2023), Egbert (04.02.2023)