1/3 sssss2025
Re: AW: Spacious Mind's Renaissance School

Zitat von CC 7 Beitrag anzeigen
Hi Nick !

When I just saw the typical spreadsheets in the article I immediately knew:
Nick's back !

The Renaissance of Spacious Mind:
Spacious Mind's Renaissance School

Very happy to read you in this forum again - and again with a very large project demanding a lot of commitment.

Will there also be a School of another epoch ?

The question is near at hand: is it possible with the help of CB-Emu/MessChess and Arena to automate some processes ?
Of course it's (more) fun to do the tasks manually...

Zitat

Sounds very familiar to me.

Looking forward to seeing the next Excel-spreadsheets...and your skilled commentaries.

Greetings to sweet home Alabama !
Hans-Jürgen
Hi Hans-Jürgen

Thank you for your very nice words!

Yes, I am currently working on the French School (Cafe De La Regence) followed by Berlin Pleiades. Then London School. All the periods that at pretty much exactly the same time developed chess across Europe. Paris, Berlin and London. It should take me about 1-2 months to complete as the data collection is very big.

Regarding automating. I don't think I ever want to do that, it's a big reason why I don't share the methods which are actually not even in these spreadsheets. The spreadsheets just show the resulting scores.

Reason I never want to do that is simple. I am tired of everything having to be convenient so we lay back on our sofas, it's not human...and chess...well it should be all about picking up a piece and putting it down... . And besides how do you automate DOS, Amiga etc.. etc... These tests can do all these programs and every engine, and every human so long as someone has the interest to pick up a piece and putting it down.

Best regards
Nick
Folgende 2 Benutzer sagen Danke zu spacious_mind für den nützlichen Beitrag:
kamoj (10.05.2024), pato4sen (06.05.2024)