MACH IV

Abgegebene Danke: 49
Erhielt 311 Danke für 99 Beiträge
Aktivitäten Langlebigkeit
2/20 5/20
Heute Beiträge
1/3 ssssss159
Re: Chessnut EVO Maia engine testing

Well, after playing 50 or so games between Maia1900 with 6ply search against Shredder Android, the Maia personality achieved an average rating of 2200. With this in mind I decided to pit it against the original Millennium ChessGenius (MCG) that has an Active chess rating of 2220 on the Wiki ELO list. I thought this would be a good test of the Maia's actual rating. However, after three games I stopped because the MCG was being crushed, one game in particular was in spectacular style! If anyone would like to see the games let me know and I'll post them. So I have been wondering at the 2200 rating that Shredder Android gave it as there is something not quite adding up. What I don't know of course is how Shredder Android calculates the rating, it could be based on the FIDE method in which case it's giving Maia around 100 points less than the Wiki ELO system may give. So I decided to pit Maia 1900 with 6 ply lookahead against Millennium ChessGenius Pro 2024 at Active chess for 10 games. Currently about to start game 7 of 10 with the MCGP2024 using the classic opening book. I'm thinking of playing another match using the HIARCS book for comparison. Obviously the MCGP2024 is proving to be a better opponent for the Maia personality. I'll post the games as soon as the match is over. With the Maia moving very rapidly, the games don't take long to complete. Of course, the processing speed of the Evo is not so relevant here because it's limited to 6 ply and does not calculate in opponents time. The only disadvantage the MCGP2024 has is less pondering time and not sure how much that will impact on the final result.

There is some interesting play and the new lookahead feature on the Chessnut Evo's Maia bot has certainly transformed it's playing ability dramatically. I'll post more comments with the games. The only thing I would say is that the Maia bot always opens with P-K4 when playing white, and there is a good chance of seeing repeated games.

Ray
Folgende 5 Benutzer sagen Danke zu Ray für den nützlichen Beitrag:
AndreS (14.02.2024), Chessguru (13.02.2024), didi22 (13.02.2024), Lindwurm (13.02.2024), Tibono (13.02.2024)